Monday, January 11, 2016
Who’s Challenging Me?
I’m taking part in this year’s Pet Blogger Challenge. I’m not sure how inneresting those readers who don’t blog will find this but I’ll try to add a bit of humor to my answers. The questions were kinda personal. I hope y’all will find my answers inneresting and just perhaps you’ll learn something about me you didn’t know.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
I started blogging in September 2009 after building a following on Twitter. The blog’s subject is Cathy Keisha aka Stunning Keisha. I’m a little ghetto kitten who blogs about my stunning life living in a condo with Pop, TW (The Woman) and HHGutt, a stuffie who doubles as my double. This is a cat blog that aims to be both educational and entertaining although I’ll be the first to admit I’m more of an entertainer than an educator.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
I was able to have more giveaways so I don’t feel as guilty when I enter someone else’s giveaway. I’ve been doing more product reviews and sponsored posts too. I think what I’m most proud of is learning more about Photoshop, which has helped make my images more creative and more stunning, if that’s even possible.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
Heh, all of them! I do tend to like the funnier ones. I kinda like a touching two-part post I did about Uncle George, a tough firefighter who took in a litter of kittens and their Mom, that was living in our yard.
past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
Again, it’s the giveaways and sponsored posts. I’ve also increased traffic to my Facebook page. I’ve tripled my “Likes” and reach. I’m thankful for everyone who stops by and reads this blog. I’ve also paid closer attention to my lead images. They’re the first thing people see when they click on my blog or they see my pins and FB shares.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.)
Google Analytics says Cat Claws Has a Surprise Giveaway For You received the most traffic. Blogger disagrees and says it’s Stop the Presses! Natural Balance Debuts at PetSmart #PetSmartStory. Most of my top posts are giveaways or sponsored posts. As far as why they're popular, it’s probably cos they’re shared by the sponsors. Sharing is caring! I’d hate to think it’s cos my other posts are boring.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously—other than you own—and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
Please! Are you trying to get this little ghetto kitteh in trouble with the Pet Blogosphere? Pick one and there would be cat fights with all the other great blogs out there.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
I listen when other, more established bloggers speak and try to pick their brains when I understand what the hello kitty they’re talking about. We download a ton of free stuff from design sites like Creative Market and watch Photoshop tutorials when we’re not sure how to get the visual effect we want.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
1. Join a community that will support you. They will be your first followers and the ones who stick with you. 2. Build your blog at your own pace. Don’t try to get a bunch of sponsors until you first get a following. 3. Find your own voice and don’t stray from it. 4. Pay attention to your post titles and the top image on your post. Many bloggers ignore their post titles but they’re like cover lines in a magazine. Are they eye catching? Do you think you’d make others want to pick your blog to read when you join a blog hop? I doubt anyone would read this post if the title was “Pet Blogger Challenge.”
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
Of course, I’d like to become one of the “elite” cat bloggers with more giveaways and sponsored posts. I wouldn’t mind winning a Nose to Nose Award in 2016. Above all, I just want to keep it real and keep making my readers laugh. I am an entertainer. TW’s favorite music was always bands that no one else knew about. I’d rather have mass appeal than be somebody’s little secret.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community—is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
Well, since you axed, how does one go about getting a post to go viral?
I hope my answers held your innerest. Now I have some questions for everybuddy, especially my non-blogging readers: in 2016, what would you like to see more of on this blog? Are you satisfied with the direction we’re heading? As former New York City Mayor Koch would say: how am I doing?